Thairath Online
Thairath Online

Some Key Players Missing: Update on 3 Liverpool Stars Ahead of Premier League Clash with Bournemouth

Eurofootball23 Jan 2026 17:45 GMT+7

Share

Some Key Players Missing: Update on 3 Liverpool Stars Ahead of Premier League Clash with Bournemouth

Some key players missing: Update on 3 Liverpool stars ahead of Premier League clash with Bournemouth.

On 23 January 2026, Arne Slot, Liverpool's manager and Premier League fourth-place team coach, spoke at a press conference ahead of this weekend's away game against 15th-place Bournemouth, scheduled for Saturday, 24 January.

Arne Slot provided the latest update on Liverpool's readiness. Previously, key defender Ibrahima Konaté missed the UEFA Champions League group stage matchday 7, when Liverpool crushed Olympique Marseille 3-0 on Wednesday, due to his father's passing and his need to be with family back home.

Asked whether Ibrahima Konaté would return for the Bournemouth match, Arne Slot said, "I've spoken with him two or three times, and I think this is a personal matter between us. Clearly, the player needs time with his family and personal space."

Regarding Mohamed Salah, the star striker who played the full 90 minutes in the win over Marseille after finishing the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations with Egypt, the Liverpool manager said, "Mo scores plenty of goals against every team in the Premier League. He played the entire 90 minutes, and yesterday we had a recovery session."

"Today we trained and know Mo will definitely be ready to play tomorrow, but like everyone else, he must train first, and then I will decide on the starting lineup."

As for Federico Chiesa, who had to withdraw after a warm-up due to a recurring injury before the midweek UEFA Champions League game, Slot revealed his condition is 50-50 for the Bournemouth match, but Liverpool is expected to use the same lineup.